Photobucket

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Very Very Good News

I started physical therapy yesterday and it was the first time in over two weeks I lifted my arm. Imagine trying to lift your arm with 500 lbs of weight holding it down. That's how it felt. It didn't hurt though. I spent an hour and 1/2 doing these shoulder exercises that are meant to build up strength and help heal. I no longer have to wear the sling or any other annoying device that locks my arm against my body.

Here's the good news. I went to the doctor today for a checkup and he was impresed by how much flexibility I have. He told me that I can start riding my bike again when I feel stronger in the shoulder. Yup, I just did backflips on the front lawn. I feel strong I feel strong. The only thing I can't do is lift heavy objects or raise my arm above my head. Unfortunately, to my dismay, it was pouring here today so I couldn't go out and ride. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what I'll be doing after school tomorrow.

No comments: