Photobucket

Monday, August 25, 2008

Late Start

Just as I planned it, I couldn't get Ryan out of bed this morning. We were going to leave at 8:00, but sleepy head didn't get ready until 9:30. To top it off, Ryan didn't have any bike shorts to wear and I had none that would fit him since he is like 6 inches shorter than me. So on our way to the park, we had to stop at the bike shop on Packard to buy his majesty some shorts. He's sitting here watching me type so I can't say anything insulting. We'll leave it at that. Anyway, we had a really nice day. We rode for about three hours with subtle breaks in between. I felt really good today. It's nice to be able to keep my hands on the drops without the feeling of a hot poker in my shoulder. I was impressed with how well Ryan was riding. I must say he looked good on my old bike. It fits him perfectly. No crashes, no run-ins with motorists, and I only got the "I can't believe what he's wearing look" once from somebody when we stopped to refill our water. Overall a very very productive day. We may go out again later in the week if my dad can take off a day.

No comments: