Photobucket

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Physical Torture

So I finally went to the orthopedist immediately after school today. After staring at the wall for almost an hour, I finally get called into the examination room. In there was this life-sized skeleton that showed all the ligaments and cartilage of the human body...it was actually pretty cool. Anyway, the doctor begins examining my shoulder and has me do these exercises to see what my range of motion is for my right arm. Now keep in mind, I have a high threshold for pain. So he has me hold my arm out parallel with the floor and he begins to push my arm back. OMG I can't tell you how that hurt. I actually screamed (not like a girl if you were wondering). He then pulls out this needle that looks like it was made to inject elephants, and injects some kind of dye in there so he can do an MRI. Sorry if I'm rambling.

Well the prognosis is that I have a partially torn rotator cuff. I bet you all the bicycles in the world that it's from trying to throw a curveball. Because of my age and the fact that I am a growing teenager, surgery is out of the question for now. I now must apply a heating pad daily and take anti-inflammatories for a few weeks. I'm 14...I'm not supposed to be falling apart.

No comments: