Photobucket

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Embarassing Moment

I'm one of the few kids in school who actually enjoys going to gym class. That may change after what happened today. Today we were playing indoor soccer (which stinks by the way..it's meant to be played on grass not on a wood floor). This is one of the few team sports I don't play because I tend to want to use my hands when you're not supposed to. Anyway, my competitive nature was in full swing today. Some kid on the opposite team kicks the ball to the other end of the gym and I go charging for it. I tried to pull this fancy maneuver so that I snag the ball with my foot and turn so that I don't hit the bleachers. Well I stop the ball just fine but the laws of physics don't and I go sliding into the corner of the gym. I did manage to avoid the bleachers but the right side of my body made friends with the floor. I landed directly on my healing shoulder and my rump. I guess that's what I get for trying to be cute. I was none to pleased having to sit out the remainder of gym class. Oh, but I did keep the ball in play.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Oh man that was funny. Sorry I dont mean to laugh at your expense but you fell in slow motion. How's the body feeling?

Jeff Knight said...

That's ok you can laugh. My shoulder's fine but my backside is sore.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Were trying to pull a Derek Jeter and dive into the stands?

Jeff Knight said...

Sorry to disappoint you Jason, but it wasn't as dramatic as that.