Photobucket

Sunday, January 27, 2008

T minus Two Months and Counting

Well it's official. I am now a member of the CRCA. And I am apparently one of the youngest to be so. I met with one of the directors of the junior development team to discuss goals and find out about their program. He was impressed that a boy my age is into cycling as much as I am. The youngest member is around 15. That's not bad, I was concerned that there wouldn't be kids my age and there are. But still not 13 or 14.

If there's one thing I have to mention, then it would be this club is HUGE! There's literally hundreds of racers. They basically own Central Park when it's race time. Race season officially begins for me on March 29th in Central Park. I am so psyched to get rolling I can't sit still. Oh and one other thing. As members we get discounts at bike shops in NYC, something my dad is looking to take advantage of. I'll follow up with more information, this post is getting too big.

4 comments:

James Anderson said...

That guy who's fifteen might have the same racing age as you.

Jeff Knight said...

True. But I would like to see more junior racers my age. There's barely a handful.

James Anderson said...

DO you think they're experienced?

Jeff Knight said...

Part of me hopes so. I could learn from their experience. I wasn't told if there were any new(er) riders.