Photobucket

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Full Story

The bike I took a picture of is not the bike I had on Sunday. The bike pictured below has an Ultegra groupset as opposed to the Dura Ace set I had on Sunday. Not to mention, as one can obviously see, there seems to be some parts missing from this one. What happened?

Well...the bike shop last week fitted me on a bike intended for someone else. That someone else was a customer who paid for it already. DUH! Don't you know what product is sold and not sold? So my dad went back Monday when I was in school and returned it. (Sigh) Being there were only two NX7's left, one of which the frame was size S, I was forced to take the Ultegra bike (which is not necessarily a bad thing.) Can you see why I was not in a good mood the last two days? (Well this is a contributing factor to my mood, the other was my shoulder exam.) Afraid they would sell this one, my dad scooped it up and took it home unassembled in the factory box. I have to say though they are being really cool about it and are offering to take good care of us when we go back on Saturday. We'll see what that means.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stinks. Your dad shouldn't have returned it. They made the error, let them find another one for that other customer.

Anonymous said...

Why did you assemble the bike yourself? They should do it for you.

Jeff Knight said...

I agree with you completely. We'll see what happens Saturday.

It's not assembled. Why do you think I only showed you the back. I only took it out of the box.

James Anderson said...

Dura-Ace really isn't that much better than Ultegra. It just looks cooler.

Jeff Knight said...

I guess it's more the principle of the matter. The dura ace bike has different wheels, tires, handlebars, stem, and seatpost. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm not like that at all. It's just the principle.