Photobucket

Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Good Day

Well it started off bad. Stupid me forgot to change my clock an hour ahead. Luckily my dad did and he ended up waking me. It was kind of windy this morning in the city but we did get to catch part of the Spring Series race in Central Park. That got me pumped. Even at 6:30 in the morning. My meeting with the team went well. They had pizzas and salads...must be a New York thing...which of course I devoured both. I met some nice people today who are just as passionate about cycling as I am. Only one kid showed up though. He was probably a year or so older than me. His name is Matt and ironically we spent most of the time talking about the Yankees.

The fun part of the day came when I got to ride through Central Park. Myself along with a few others from different teams went through a few sections of the park where races are held. One really needs to pay attention when riding here as there are many obstacles that are thrown a riders way. I learned there are really strict policies about where you can ride and where you can't ride. If you ride in the pedestrian lanes you can be banned from racing for the season. Man they don't play. I'm amped up and ready for next Sunday. I'm going in next Saturday to spend time with the coaches before my race on Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming to your first race.

Jeff Knight said...

Great. Keep in mind you have to be up at like 5:00 in the morning.